The Provider Engagement, Analytics & Reporting (PEAR) portal provides access to tools to manage your clinical and financial activities and help streamline your daily workflow.
Benefits of the PEAR portal
Access a variety of digital applications via a single entry point:
- Practice Management – provides access to transactions such as eligibility & benefits checks, authorization submission & search, referral submission & search, and claim submission, search & investigation
- Analytics & Reporting – review and compare your practice's performance with peers and identify gaps in care and opportunities for improvement
- Comprehensive Visit – accurately document a member's visit, assessment, and treatment plan
- Provider Administration Tool – manage access to PEAR for your organization
As a reminder, all participating providers, facilities, and third-party organizations that support our provider organizations are required to complete these self-service functions using PEAR Practice Management:
- Verify member eligibility. Use the Eligibility & Benefits transaction to view detailed information relating to our members' eligibility.
- Check claim status. Use the Claim Search transaction to view the progress of your accepted claim submission. You can view claims with service dates up to 18 months in the past.
- Submit claim adjustments and inquiries.* Request a claim review or adjustment through the Claim Search transaction. Use the Create New Investigation button to start a new investigation on a finalized claim. Claim investigation submissions are permitted within 18 months of the date of the finalized claim.
- Submit authorizations.† Use the Authorization Submission transaction to initiate requests for these service types:
- ambulance (land)
- amb ulatory infusion chemotherapy
- ambulatory infusion suite therapy
- durable medical equipment – purchase and rental
- emergency hospital admission
- home health
- home infusion
- infusion therapy
- medical surgical procedures
- skilled nursing facility
Note: Provider Services will redirect you to perform these services in the PEAR portal.
Learn more about the PEAR portal applications and how to enroll at www.amerihealth.com/pnc/pearportal.
If you have additional questions, please contact PEAR support at 1-833-444-PEAR (1-833-444-7327).
*Not available for AmeriHealth Administrators.
†Some authorizations must be submitted via Carelon Medical Benefits Management (Carelon) or eviCore, independent companies. Use the Carelon and eviCore transactions in PEAR Practice Management to initiate the process. For other service types not listed, please contact 1-888-YOUR-AH1 (New Jersey) or 1-800-275-2583 (Pennsylvania) and follow the prompts for authorizations.
For AmeriHealth Administrators, use the iEXCHANGE® transaction in PEAR Practice Management to request certain authorizations.