Because a strong physician-patient relationship is at the heart of patient care, Registered Nurse Health Coaches (Health Coaches), licensed Behavioral Health Case Managers, and licensed Social Workers can greatly assist your practice. We can help coordinate care for your patients enrolled in an AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. or AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey (collectively, AmeriHealth) health plan (members).* We provide information for AmeriHealth members, their families, treatment teams, and physicians. We also share community resources.
Coordination of care
Our integrated behavioral health and physical health care management programs cohesively support the whole person, including behavioral health, substance use, preventive health, new diagnosis, and/or managing chronic or complex health situations. Through our integrated programs, we look at the entire health care continuum to address each considering the person's medical condition from all perspectives and providing longitudinal support. Our highly skilled Health Coaches, licensed Behavioral Health Case Managers, and licensed Social Workers are available to support your practice in a variety of ways, including:
- coordinating community resources not covered by insurance, such as medication assistance, transportation services, food resources, and home modification programs;
- providing comprehensive health care addressing behavioral health and substance use needs;
- educating your patients on the importance of medication and plan-of-care adherence;
- assisting your patients in making appointments;
- reporting medication discrepancies and your patients' needs that are otherwise unreported, such as the need for potential home care;
- assisting with closing gaps in care;
- educating your patients about shared decision-making, which leads to improved adherence to treatment plans;
- supporting your patients post-discharge;
- providing your patients with education about managing a new or chronic condition;
- encouraging your patients to discuss concerns and questions with their health care provider(s); and
- assisting with your patients' transition to alternative care, if necessary, when benefits cease.
If you would like to refer an AmeriHealth member to a Health Coach, please complete the online Case and Condition Management Physician Referral Form or call 1-800-313-8628 and select prompt 2.
You may also refer a member for Behavioral Health Case Management by calling 1-800-688-1911.
*AmeriHealth members who are covered through fully insured employer groups are automatically considered eligible for health coaching. AmeriHealth members covered through certain self-insured employer groups may not be eligible for all components of health coaching including condition management. Members can call Customer Service at 1-888-YOUR-AH1 (1-888-968-7241) (in New Jersey) or 1-800-275-2583 (in Pennsylvania) to verify their eligibility.