As health care continues to change at an unprecedented rate, AmeriHealth HMO, Inc. and AmeriHealth Insurance Company of New Jersey are preparing to move its core business to a new claims processing platform over the next three years. AmeriHealth Administrators will continue to use its existing platform for claims processing, with enhanced capabilities to come.
This transition to a next generation platform will help us efficiently deliver new and innovative products and services.
While we are in early stages of planning, we are dedicated to providing a seamless transition for our doctors, hospitals, and health care facilities, with a focus on and commitment to service and stability. We will continue to collaborate with our current claims processing vendor to ensure a successful transition to our new platform.
Over the coming months, we commit to:
- Communicating regularly throughout the phased transition to the new platform
- Providing the necessary tools, support, and training to make the transition experience as smooth as possible
- Providing use of digital tools, including our PEAR provider portal and an enhanced Provider News Center, to keep you informed and updated
At the present time, there is no action that you need to take. As transition plans progress and action is required from you, we will provide clear instructions on what needs to be done and when. Updates will be shared in the coming weeks and months, including a dedicated resource area on the Provider News Center.
Meanwhile, here is a high-level preview of upcoming changes:
- Trading partners will transition to a new Gateway for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transactions.
- Payments to providers will be transitioned to a new payment disbursement vendor.
Thank you for your continued contributions to the health and welfare of your patients, our members.