AmeriHealth recognizes that the physician-patient relationship is at the heart of patient care. Our Registered Nurse Health Coaches (Health Coaches)* can assist your practice and help provide coordination of care for your patients enrolled in an AmeriHealth benefit plan (members).† We provide information for AmeriHealth members, their families, and physicians, as well as share community resources.
*AmeriHealth Administrators uses Registered Nurse Case Managers (Case Managers) to assist practices instead of Health Coaches or Social Workers. For more information, visit
ahatpa.com and select the Members tab or call
1-800-952-3404 to speak with a Case Manager.
Coordination of care
Our highly skilled Health Coaches or Case Managers, and licensed Social Workers are available to support your practice in a variety of ways, including:
- coordinating community resources not covered by insurance, such as medication assistance, transportation services, food resources, and home modification programs;
- educating your patients on the importance of medication and plan-of-care adherence;
- assisting your patients in making appointments;
- reporting medication discrepancies and your patients' needs that are otherwise unreported, such as the need for potential home care;
- assisting with closing gaps in care;
- educating your patients about shared decision-making, which leads to improved adherence to treatment plans;
- supporting your patients post-discharge;
- providing your patients with education about managing a new or chronic condition;
- encouraging your patients to discuss concerns and questions with their health care provider(s);
- assisting with your patients' transition to alternative care, if necessary, when benefits cease.
If you would like to refer an AmeriHealth member to a Health Coach, please complete the online
Physician Referral Form for
AmeriHealth New Jersey or
AmeriHealth Pennsylvania or call 1-800-313-8628 and select prompt
†AmeriHealth members who are covered through fully insured employer groups are automatically considered eligible for health coaching. AmeriHealth members covered through certain self-insured employer groups may not be eligible for all components of health coaching including condition management. To verify their eligibility, AmeriHealth New Jersey members can call
1-888-YOUR-AH1 (1-888-968-7241) and AmeriHealth Pennsylvania members can call