This article was revised on June 30, 2020, to update links for the testing articles.
As cases of COVID-19 are diagnosed in our service area, it is important to adhere to travel and precautionary directions set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Providers are encouraged to review the
CDC COVID-19 travel site to identify areas in the world with higher risks of exposure to the virus and to view other related resources to help limit potential exposure to patients and health care facilities.
Stay home for 14 days from the time you left an area with widespread, ongoing community spread (Level 3 Travel Health Notice countries) and practice social distancing.
Take these steps to monitor your health and practice social distancing:
- Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and monitor for fever. Also watch for cough or trouble breathing.
- Stay home and avoid contact with others. Do not go to work or school for this 14-day period. Discuss your work situation with your employer before returning to work.
- Do not take public transportation, taxis, or ride-shares during the time you are practicing social distancing.
- Avoid crowded places (such as shopping centers and movie theaters) and limit your activities in public.
- Keep your distance from others (about six feet or two meters).
For more information about the AmeriHealth position on COVID-19, please review the following resources: